What is Multiroom Video?
Multi-Room Video has a simply philosophy – to provide you with a centralised, easy to use control system that allows you to select different choices of media and then distribute them to different zones (or rooms) around your home at the same time.
The benefits – well happy families for a start. Imagine a system that lets you choose firstly between – Sky TV, DVD, Digital TV, Blu-ray or even view that CCTV camera. Then imagine being able to watch that source individually (or simultaneously) in any room in the house whilst also offering up that same possibility to all your other family members. For more information see our resources page.
To achieve Multi-Room Video, we have some simple questions to ask? Don’t worry we will run through each of these with you.
- Apple TV
- Blu-Ray / DVD
- Video collection on a Network-attached storage (NAS) Drive
- How many rooms (or zones) do you wish the media distributed to?
- Where are each of these zones located within your home?
- Cat 5 / 6
- Smart TV
- Projector / Cinema Screen
- Where will the Multi-Room Video control equipment be located?
- We call this Node Zero. Basically, it is the convenient centralised area that houses the key sources such as your SKY player, Apple TV, DVD player and the control matrix to select sources.